Postdoctoral Research Associate at Northeastern University
We are seeking a postdoctoral research associate to support an NSF-funded project to study the diffusion of gender equity ideas through university and scholarly networks. The postdoctoral research associate will join an interdisciplinary team led by Professor Kathrin Zippel and Assistant Professor Laura K. Nelson in the Department of Sociology and Anthropology at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. This is a two-year, full-time, benefits-eligible position starting Fall 2020.
The postdoctoral research associate will play a leading role in the collection and analysis of quantitative/digitized data, including relational data and text-as-data; to help author reports, papers and journal articles using project data; and to help coordinate tasks across the research team.
- A PhD in social science, data science, network science or related fields by the time of hire
- Knowledge or interest in gender (equity), intersectionality, diversity, organizations, STEM fields, higher education, and/or the diffusion of ideas
- Proficiency with a programming language, preferably R, Python, Julia, or Go
- Experience with either computational text analysis techniques, social network analysis, or both
- Ability to work independently and willingness to work in an interdisciplinary team
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience with, interest in, or openness to open science practices and reproducibility
Review of applications will start May 24, 2020, and will continue until the position is filled.