The Clayman Institute for Gender Research at Stanford University offers a two-year postdoctoral fellowship. Recent social science PhDs (including Sociology, History, Communications, Economics, Political Science, Psychology, and Anthropology) whose research focuses on gender with an intersectional perspective are eligible. We encourage scholars with a strong interest in interdisciplinary methods to apply.
While in residence at the Institute, postdoctoral scholars are expected to participate in Clayman Institute activities throughout the academic year in addition to pursuing their own research.
Postdoctoral scholar responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Writing articles for our research publication, Gender News
- Working with Graduate Dissertation Fellows
- Participating in our leadership program for graduate students
- Attending our regularly scheduled faculty luncheon discussions
- 50% percent of the postdoctoral scholars’ time is dedicated to her/his/their own research
- Additional information and a FAQ can be found on the Clayman Institute website.