Call for a Full Professor (80%) in Sociology, Social Policy and Social Research beginning February 1, 2021 or by appointment at the Department of Social Work, Social Policy and Global Development at the Faculty of Humanities of the University of Fribourg/CH.
- The applicant holds a doctorate and a habilitation or equivalent qualification. He or she has proven experience in teaching and supervising theses at university level (BA, MA, doctorate) in sociology and social policy (theories, concepts and methods) as broadly as possible bridging German, French and Anglo-Saxon academic traditions.
- He or she has proven experience in teaching and supervising theses at university level (BA, MA, doctorate). In addition to sociology and (comparative) social policy, the applicant should have large expertise in quantitative social research. Openness towards qualitative social research is a requirement. The candidate has proven skills in managing research projects and raising third-party funds. He or she is integrated into international research networks; existing collaborations within Switzerland are an advantage.
- Teaching language is German. Very good knowledge of English is also expected for teaching. At the bilingual University of Fribourg, at least a passive knowledge of French is necessary and the readiness to improve this knowledge within two years.
Application submission date
- 31 May 2020
- Please submit applications in electronic (PDF) Form to the Dean’s Office of the Faculty of Humanities at the University of Fribourg email@example.com
- Applications contain a curriculum vitae, a list of publications, a list of research projects and courses as well as five publications important for the profile as PDFs.