We are delighted to invite you to submit your abstracts to the forthcoming sessions on organizational sociology at the 4th ISA Forum of Sociology 2020 in Porto Alegre, Brazil. The ISA Forum of Sociology of the International Sociological Association offers a unique forum to discuss current developments with a global scholarship.
The Research Committee on Sociology of Organization (RC17) will host a variety of sessions on the following 13 topics:
- Collaborative Management between State Organizations and Civil Society
(organized by Adriana FASSIO & Maria Gabriela RUTTY)
- Democratizing Public Health Organization within Authoritarian Society: Global South Contribution
(organized by Isabelle RUELLAND & Jean-Louis DENIS)
- Governing Value(s) and Organizing through Standards
(organized by Nadine ARNOLD, Allison LOCONTO, & Filipe CALVAO)
- Organization and Decision: Implications for Organization Theory
(organized by Cristina BESIO, Karina ROGLIO, Michael GROTHE-HAMMER, & Eduardo VILLAR)
- Organization and Migration: Current Entanglements
(organized by Jana ALBRECHT, Robert JUNGMANN, Sean LAUER, & Ludger PRIES)
- Organized Collective Action: Building Bridges from Social Movements and Formal Organizations
(organized by Thiago PIMENTEL)
- Professional Occupations and Organization.
(organized by Lara MAESTRIPIERI, Mirko NOORDEGRAAF, & Daniel MUZIO)
- Quantification and Organizations
(organized by Leopold RINGEL & Oana ALBU)
- Realist and Critical Perspectives on Organizational Theory and the Autonomous Brazilian Tradition
(organized by Thiago PIMENTEL & Ana Paula PAES DE PAULA)
- Research in Sociology of Organizations Today: Contributions from Latin América
(organized by Oscar Iván VÁSQUEZ-RIVERA & Karem SANCHEZ DE ROLDAN)
- Sociology of Organizations: Contributions from Latin América
(organized by Karem SANCHEZ DE ROLDAN & Oscar Iván VÁSQUEZ-RIVERA)
- The Continuing Relevance of Bureaucratic Organization
(organized by Paul DU GAY, Thomas LOPDRUP- HJORTH, & Pedro MONTEIRO)
- The Relevance of Meta-Organizations
(organized by Göran AHRNE, Héloïse BERKOWITZ, Nils BRUNSSON, & Michael GROTHE-HAMMER)
The call for abstracts for each session can be found here:
For more information about the 4th ISA Forum of Sociology, please visit:
Deadline for submission of abstracts (max. 300 words) is September 30, 2019
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact the program coordinators Robert van Krieken (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Michael Grothe-Hammer (email@example.com) .
Hope to see you in Porto Alegre!