The WCSA is pleased to invite nominations (including self-nominations) for awards covering the year of 2017.
Award categories are:
- Tillie Olsen Award for Creative Writing: Published books of poetry, ﬁction, creative non-ﬁction, and other genres
- C.L.R. James Award for Published Books for Academic or General Audiences
- Russo & Linkon Award for Published Article or Essay for Academic or General Audiences
- Studs Terkel Award for Media and Journalism: Single published articles or series, broadcast media, multimedia, and ﬁlm
- Constance Coiner Award for Best Dissertation: Completed dissertations only
To be eligible, works must have been published (in the case of books or articles) or completed (in the case of ﬁlms and dissertations) between January 1, 2017 andDecember 31, 2017. To nominate a work for consideration, please send three hard copies with a cover letter, identifying the category in which the work is being nominated and a brief explanation of why it deserves recognition. Please note: articles and dissertations should be submitted in electronic form.
Nominations are due by January 15, 2018.
Please see the attached document for additional details, and please circulate it widely.
Submit nominations to:
Dr. Michele Fazio Associate Professor of English University of North Carolina at Pembroke, 1 University Drive Pembroke, NC, 28372
For more information and to submit electronic submissions, contact: Michele Fazio, WCSA Past-President at email@example.com.
Details of the awards and past winners can be found on the WCSA website: https://wcstudiesassociation.wordpress.com/awards-history/