Come join us at our Global Carework Summit in Lowell MA June 1-3 2017!!!
Deadline for abstracts December 1 (November 1 to be considered for special issue). Why should you come?
- Be inspired and challenged by Shahra Razavi and Nancy Folbre, each of whom will be giving a keynote address.
- Attend screenings of innovative films related to carework.
- Engage with Joan Tronto and an international panel of scholars about the implications of her book Caring and Democracy in a global context.
- Join top scholars for featured sessions on aging and elder care, the economics of care and other critical topics.
- Dialogue with carework scholars from Costa Rica, Chile, Israel, Australia, Germany, South Africa, and many other countries around the world (add your country here by coming to join us!!).
- Participate in a collective conversation leading to a research and action agenda.
- Enjoy the affordability of the conference registration fee and hotel prices — and opportunities for even better deals if you want to volunteer to help out.
- Explore the historic city of Lowell, an important site for industrialization, women’s work, and labor organizing, with a narrated walking tour.
- Contribute to a special issue of the journal New Solutions focused on the health and safety of paid care workers.
- Be part of the first stand alone conference the Carework Network has held in a number of years — and the first with a truly global reach.
The Call for Papers is below and more information is available at https://www.uml.edu/Research/CWW/carework/Summit/default.aspx. Please forward far and wide – and we look forward to seeing you in Lowell in June.
To keep up with the Carework Network join the listserv by sending an email to Darcie_Boyer@uml.eduand join our Facebook group The Carework Network.