We are delighted to invite you to submit your abstracts to the forthcoming sessions on organizational sociology at the XIX ISA World Congress of Sociology 2018 in Toronto. The World Congress of the International Sociological Association offers a unique forum to discuss current developments with a global scholarship.
The Research Commitee on Sociology of Organization (RC17) will host 13 sessions on the following topics:
- Beyond Words: Visuality, Materiality, and Multimodality in Organizational Theory
- Corruption and Whistleblowing
- Digitalization and Reorganization of Industries
- Disappearing Organization? Reshaping the Sociology of Organizations
- Elias, Habitus and Organizations: Civilizing and Decivilizing Processes in Organizational Life
- Office As a Vocation: Re-Instating an Ethics of Office in Public Service and Organizational Life
- Organisations, Work and Society
- Organization and Violence
- Organizing Organizations: Meta-Organizations and Their Role in Modern Society
- Professions and Professional Service Firms: Private and Public Sector Enterprises in the Global Economy
- Ranking Organizations: The Double Role of Organizations in the Production and Impact of Rankings
- The Global Financial Class: Global Class Formation at the Juncture of Organizations, Places and Markets
- Towards a New World Culture? Ambiguity in the Field of Corporate Criticism
The specific calls for abstracts for each session can be found here:
The deadline for receipt of abstracts is September 30, 2017.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact the session organizers Kathia Serrano-Velarde (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Robert van Krieken (email@example.com).
Hope to see you in Toronto!